- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
ANCA of Silicon Valley Hosts Inaugural Meet and Greet06:58 19 Sep 2018
LOS GATOS, Calif.—A standing room only crowd of young Armenian American professionals, community leaders, and public officials gathered for the launch of the Armenian National Committee of America’s new Silicon Valley division (ANCA Silicon Valley).
ANCA National Chairman Raffi Hamparian offered remarks at the chapter’s inaugural event, briefing those in attendance on the full range of federal pro-Armenian priorities pursued by the organization.
“My husband Shahe and I were pleased to host this first ANCA of Silicon Valley ‘Meet and Greet’ at our home,” remarked Ani Sedrakian-Yenikomshian. “We had a wonderful turnout of individuals from across our community who share a common interest in the ANCA’s 360-degree advocacy for Armenia and Artsakh. All came ready to engage, and all left inspired to work collectively to advance our community and our cause – at the local, state, and national levels.”
The hosts of this event are long-time supporters of the ANCA and have been active stewards of the Silicon Valley’s growing Armenian community, working with a broad range of organizations to advance local priorities.
In his remarks to attendees, Hamparian focused on seven key initiatives the ANCA is forcefully advancing in Washington, DC. First, he referenced the ANCA’s two-decades of advocacy for direct U.S. aid to Artsakh – which has resulted in 97% of Artsakh being de-mined through the HALO Trust.
Second, he discussed the U.S.-Armenia Double Tax Treaty – which the ANCA is working to realize in order to strengthen U.S.-Armenia commercial relations. Third, he reviewed the ANCA’s work on a new Millennium Challenge Corporation Compact for Armenia that would, if implemented, provide as much as $140 million in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math programs for public schools in Armenia. Fourth, he provided an overview of why the ANCA is advancing a new U.S.-Armenia Social Security Agreement. Fifth, he gave attendees some insight on the ANCA’s work to advance the pro-peace Royce-Engel initiative to strengthen the Artsakh ceasefire. Sixth, he discussed the ANCA’s work to establish direct flights between the U.S. and Armenia. Seventh, he reviewed the ANCA’s efforts to end Turkey’s gag-rule against honest American remembrance of the Armenian Genocide.
Lastly, the ANCA Chairman focused on the future, by discussing the ANCA’s Leo Sarkisian summer internship program and the organization’s marquee Hovig Apo Saghdejian Capital Gateway Program, which helps college graduates launch careers in policy, politics, and media in Washington, DC.
Long-time ANCA leader Haig Baghdassarian, who has been at the forefront of advancing state-legislative issues, provided attendees with a broad understanding of the ANCA’s grassroots efforts in communities across the U.S. to advance the Armenian Cause. Baghdassarian stressed the important role the ANCA Silicon Valley can play in leveraging the power of the area’s influential Armenian community to secure the support of local, state and federal officials in strengthening U.S. ties with Armenia and Artsakh.
Prior to the event, Hamparian met with a broad range of Silicon Valley leaders, including Supervisor Joe Simitian from the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors, St. Andrews Armenian Apostolic Church Parish Priest Rev. Fr. Datev Harutyunian, along with the chairs of Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF), Armenian Relief Society (ARS), Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU), Homenetmen Armenian Scouting and Educational Association, and Armenian Healthcare Association of the Bay Area (AHABA).
Individuals interested in learning more about the new ANCA Silicon Valley Chapter and how to join its efforts are encouraged to contact: [email protected]
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 05:45 29 Sep 2018 Mnatsakanyan, Mammadyarov Hold ‘Useful’ Meeting The foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan, Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Elmar Mammadyarov held what they called a ‘useful’ round of negotiations in New York to discuss the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution process.
- 06:34 27 Sep 2018 ANC-WR Leads California Officials and Business Reps. on Historic Trip to Armenia A delegation consisting of prominent California elected officials and business representatives along with representatives from the Armenian National Committee of America – Western Region participated in a week long in depth visit to Armenia.
- 05:10 26 Sep 2018 The Necessity of Preserving Western Armenian A nation’s identity, its culture, its values, and the preservation of its heritage is dependent on its language.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.