- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
Homenetmen Announces Exciting Line-Up For Centennial Street Festival08:24 6 Sep 2018
In a continuous series of events celebrating Homenetmen Western USA’s centennial anniversary, the organization announced the lineup for its day-long festival at Glendale Central Park on September 16, from 1 to 7 p.m., to take place alongside the public opening of “Elevate: Homenetmen Centennial Exhibition” at the Central Library just steps away. Musicians Harout Pamboukjian, Tigran Asatryan, Suro, Ani Christy, Hovhannes Balayan, Mer Hovo, and Varand Avanesian will perform live. There will also be a DJ and music all throughout the day, as well as activity booths and food trucks.
“We are immensely proud of all that Homenetmen has accomplished, and we look forward to celebrating its centennial anniversary with the community,” said Garo Ghazarian, chair of the Street Festival Committee. “When the organization was first founded in 1918, it played a critical role in not only keeping the Armenian identity alive, but making sure it thrived and was preserved across generations of Armenians who were living outside of their Homeland. Armenian youth grow in our organization as outstanding citizens who have a sense of sportsmanship, leadership, and community responsibility. We have no doubt that we will continue expanding upon our accomplishments.”
The festival will bring together thousands of individuals across Los Angeles, in addition to a number of elected officials, as they celebrate Homenetmen’s contributions to the community over the past 100 years. An organization that has operated under the guiding principle, “Elevate Yourself and Elevate Others With You,” and dedicated its efforts to engaging youth in sports, scouting, and leadership training, Homenetmen officials look forward to committing many more years to elevating both the youth and the overall community.
The art exhibition, located at the Central Library Reflect space and featuring work exclusively commissioned for Homenetmen’s centennial anniversary, will run through September 30, 2018.
The festival and exhibition are a part of a series of events organized by the Homenetmen Western Region to celebrate its centennial anniversary. A Youth Forum, featuring community activists, leaders, and the Republic of Armenia Minister of Diaspora Mkhitar Hayrapetyan, was held on June 21 to kickstart activities. It was closely followed by a Victory Ball on July 1 and the Navasartian Games and Festival from July 3-7. Along with the exhibition and street festival, centennial activities will conclude with the official Centennial Celebration Programs scheduled for October 5 in Northern California and October 28 in Southern California at Glendale High School.
Further information about each Homenetmen centennial event, as well as sponsorship opportunities, can be found on www.weare100.info. For updates and additional details, follow Homenetmen on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HomenetmenUSAWR and Instagram at @Homenetmen_Western_USA. To reserve a booth at the festival, an online application must be completed and submitted for approval.
The Armenian General Athletic Union and Scouts, referred to as Homenetmen, is a 501(C)3 non-profit organization founded in 1918, which has to date served more than 800,000 youth in five continents. Homenetmen Western Region currently has 19 chapters. It is the largest Armenian athletic and scouting organization in the United States.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 05:45 29 Sep 2018 Mnatsakanyan, Mammadyarov Hold ‘Useful’ Meeting The foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan, Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Elmar Mammadyarov held what they called a ‘useful’ round of negotiations in New York to discuss the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution process.
- 06:34 27 Sep 2018 ANC-WR Leads California Officials and Business Reps. on Historic Trip to Armenia A delegation consisting of prominent California elected officials and business representatives along with representatives from the Armenian National Committee of America – Western Region participated in a week long in depth visit to Armenia.
- 05:10 26 Sep 2018 The Necessity of Preserving Western Armenian A nation’s identity, its culture, its values, and the preservation of its heritage is dependent on its language.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.