- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
Nikol Pashinyan, Justin Trudeau discuss furtherance of Armenian-Canadian relations05:12 13 Oct 2018
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan today received Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau who is paying an official visit to Armenia.
The official welcoming ceremony was followed by the two prime ministers’ private meeting. Greeting the guest, Prime Minister Pashinyan stated, in part:
“Dear Mr. Prime Minister, I am glad to host you in the Armenian capital. You are the first Canadian prime minister to pay an official visit to the Republic of Armenia, so this is a historic opportunity for us. You may have already felt our people’s great sympathy and warm attitude for your country and yourself. I hope we will succeed in upgrading and reinvigorating the wealth of warm relations between our two countries. I welcome you once again; I am happy to see you in Armenia.”
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said: “Mr. Prime Minister, I am very grateful for your greetings. It is at least a great honor for me to be in Armenia. You may know that I had the opportunity to visit Armenia with my father during summer holidays many years ago. He had already left the post of Prime Minister by that time, so I am my country’s first ever prime minister to pay an official visit to Armenia. Even then I felt the friendship between Armenians and Canadians. The warm welcome that I have enjoyed in Armenia is wonderful. I am fairly honored to be here. Thank you very much.”
Nikol Pashinyan donated to Justin Trudeau the Armenian version of his book entitled “Common denominator.” “Here is another proof of my words that you have a special place in Armenian citizens’ perception: this is the copy of your book, translated into Armenian, which I am delighted to present to you,” Nikol Pashinyan said. Justin Trudeau thanked for the book, noting that he was unaware of his book being translated into Armenian and was very happy about it.
The parties discussed a broad range of issues of mutual interest, including those political changes underway in Armenia. Justin Trudeau emphasized that while democracy was facing serious threats around the world, Armenia set an example which was awesome not only for Armenia, but also for the whole international community. The Canadian Premier noted that he had come to Armenia to show, inter alia, his country’s willingness to promote Armenia’s development.
“The democratic process in Armenia is a credit not only to Armenians, but also to the whole world,” Justin Trudeau underscored. He assured of Canada’s readiness to assist Armenia in developing the economy, attracting investment, improving infrastructure and in other priority areas.
Speaking about economic development, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan pointed out that his government seeks to change the economic structure in order to make of Armenia a technological country. The Premier expressed confidence that the country has the necessary potential for it. The Prime Minister added that the Government has made serious progress in handling corruption and expressed conviction that it would help improve the business environment on the way to economic progress.
Nikol Pashinyan and Justin Trudeau went over other issues related to the furtherance of Armenian-Canadian cooperation in different spheres of public life.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 16:17 22 Sep 2021 Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day The message reads:
- 09:38 26 May 2021 Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 Wearing a mask in open-air areas will no longer be mandatory in Armenia from June 1, the Ministry of Health ingorms.
- 09:35 26 May 2021 No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry “Incidents haven’t been recorded in that sector of the borderline,” the Defense Ministry’s press release reads.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.