- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day
- Test news
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides
St. Garabed Church of Las Vegas Celebrates 5th Anniversary05:42 16 June 2018
LAS VEGAS—The weekend of June 9 and 10 was a momentous one for the Las Vegas parish as the community gathered to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the consecration of St. Garabed Church with a banquet on Saturday evening and Episcopal Divine Liturgy on Sunday. Western Prelate Archbishop Moushegh Mardirossian presided over the celebration. Executive Council Chair Garo Eshgian and representatives of the Western Diocese, Armenian Evangelical Church, Assyrian, Ethiopian, Greek, and Maronite Churches participated in the festivities.
The banquet was hosted by Parish Council Vice-Chair Mr. and Mrs. Garo and Maria Bayramian. The program began with welcoming remarks by Mistress of Ceremonies Carnie Armenian, who stated that over the past five years St. Garabed Church has become not only a place of worship but also a gathering place for community organizations and members, a place to share in celebrations and sorrows, and a place to preserve our unique Armenian heritage.
She concluded by thanking all those who took part in the dream of creating a small Armenia in the Las Vegas desert. Parish Pastor Rev. Fr. Arsen Kassabian delivered the invocation. Parish Council Chairman Yeghia Yeghiayan thanked the Prelate for his guidance and direction, as well as the Parish Pastor, all volunteers and sponsors for their efforts and support, stating that the community was able to construct the first Armenian Apostolic Church in the area thanks to its faith and strong will. Adroushan Armenian, Honorary Consul of the Republic of Armenia, spoke about the enormous effort and energy required to maintain our churches and community organizations, thanking all those who lend their moral and financial support to preserving the Armenian Church, language, and cultural heritage in Las Vegas. He invited all community members, of all ages, to continue to serve with renewed spirits. On behalf of the Executive Council, Chairman Garo Eshgian congratulated and the parish community and stressed the importance of having big dreams and serving with vision for the benefit of future generations. He commended the Parish Pastor, Parish Council, and all the committees and sponsors, wishing them new and greater achievements and milestones in the years to come. The candle-lighting and cake-cutting ceremony followed.
The Prelate began his message by greeting the guest clergy, greeting and commending the former and current parish pastors, Archpriest Fr. Avedis Torossian and Rev. Fr. Arsen Kassabian, Executive Council Chair Garo Eshgian, Parish Council, Men’s Society, Ladies Guild, volunteers, sponsors, and community organizations. He greeted and commended Honorary Consul Adroushan Armenian for his contributions to the parish community. The Prelate recalled the work of the past five years, from the ground-blessing conducted by His Holiness Catholicos Aram I to the consecration of the Church and Cultural Center, acknowledging all those who had a hand in the realization of this dream, in particular the late benefactors Larry and Seda Barnes and new sponsors.
He reminded the community of what is possible with united, sincere, and unfailing service, and stated that though they have come far, there is still much work to be done to maintain and expand the parish community. The Prelate highlighted the importance of constant renewal, renewed energy, resolve, and approach in order to reach new heights, adding that the parish pastor must be the driving force of the community, the community must rally around him and he in turn must look to the people for encouragement and support to grow and strengthen the parish.
The official program concluded with the singing of Cilicia. The festivities continued with musical entertainment.
On Sunday morning, the Prelate celebrated Divine Liturgy and delivered the sermon at St. Garabed Church. Rev. Fr. Arsen Kassabian and Archpriest Fr. Avedis Torossian assisted at the altar. Among the faithful in attendance were members of the “Ishkhan” Gomideh, ARS “Shushi” chapter, and Homenetmen “Artsakh” chapter scouts.
At the start of his message, the Prelate first greeted the parish family and guests and wished them many more milestones in their God-pleasing service and mission with hard work, determination, and perseverance, but most importantly, with faith, love, goodwill, unity, and harmony. He commended all those who have committed themselves to the prosperity of the community and urged all parishioners to become actively engaged in the life of the parish as the church belongs to the people.
Referencing the day’s Gospel reading from Matthew Chapter 12:1-8, the Prelate reiterated that our service to glorify God and meet the spiritual needs of the people must be genuine and not for outwardly appearances. “Faith in action should be the guiding force of our lives and service, acting on our faith with deeds of love and service. The time has come to put aside superficialities and insincerity and serve with conscience and conviction, our only purpose being goodness and righteousness, not praise or honor from those around us,” he stressed.
Given that the feast of St. Nerses the Great and Bishop Khat was commemorated the day before, the Prelate spoke on their exemplary faith and service, in particular their efforts in bringing the church closer to the people and dedication to the spiritual and social wellbeing of the common people. “As faithful Christians, let us commit ourselves to honoring God each and every day of our lives through deeds of love and mercy. As religious and lay leaders, let us commit ourselves wholly to the best interests of the people through our faithful and sincere service. And as faithful Armenians, let us commit ourselves to honoring the religious and cultural heritage our ancestors fought hard to preserve for all of these centuries,” stated His Eminence, and concluded by calling on the leadership and membership of St. Garabed Church to renew their efforts and energy and work together with love, mutual respect, and harmony to make and keep St. Garabed Church the bedrock and lifeline of the community.
The Prelate then blessed a book of synaxis Gospel readings donated by Garo Bayramian and his wife Maria, which featured a hand-crafted cover by Bayramian.
Later in the service, the parish pastor greeted the Prelate and wished him many more years of fruitful service. At the conclusion of Divine Liturgy, requiem prayers were offered for benefactors Larry and Seda Barnes. A reception hosted by the Parish Council followed at “Koujakian” Hall.
The Prelate’s visit also afforded the opportunity to meet with the Parish Pastor and Parish Council to discuss the Church’s future endeavors.
- Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic 16:27 22 Sep 2021
- Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool 16:23 22 Sep 2021
- We’ve never initiated an attack on any country; we want peace: interview of the Armenian Ambassador to US to Al Arabiya 16:20 22 Sep 2021
- Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia 16:19 22 Sep 2021
- We have decided to establish Park of Life, where trees symbolizing lives of all victims of Artsakh wars will be planted: Pashinyan 16:18 22 Sep 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II congratulates Armenia on Independence Day 16:17 22 Sep 2021
- Test news 00:00 24 Aug 2021
- Անցած անգամ ասեցի՝ ինքը բոզ ա, հիմա ավելացրել եմ եւս մի կոչում՝ բիճ, բիճ Նիկոլ. Գեւորգ Պետրոսյան 14:13 1 June 2021
- Russian peacekeepers organized the transfer of humanitarian aid to refugees and large families of remote settlements of Nagorno-Karabakh 09:43 26 May 2021
- Wearing masks in open-air areas will not be mandatory in Armenia from June 1 09:38 26 May 2021
- No incidents were registered in Sisian section of border: Defense Ministry 09:35 26 May 2021
- Tete-a-tete meeting of Ara Aivazian and Mohammad Javad Zarif commenced 09:30 26 May 2021
- Tensions on Armenian-Azerbaijani border demand immediate measures: CSTO Deputy Secretary General 09:25 26 May 2021
- President, Human Rights Defender discuss situation on Armenian-Azerbaijani border 09:25 26 May 2021
- Susan Templeman MP supporting Australian recognition of Armenian, Assyrian and Greek Genocides 08:39 26 May 2021
- President Armen Sarkissian received the Ambassador of France to Armenia Jonathan Lacôte 07:02 26 May 2021
- Armenian-Iranian business forum held in Tehran 06:00 26 May 2021
- Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee Announcement 12:25 19 Mar 2021
- Billboards Call on President Biden to Recognize Armenian Genocide 12:22 19 Mar 2021
- Azerbaijan Destroying and Falsifying Historical Facts of Armenian Monuments in Occupied Territories of Artsakh 12:16 19 Mar 2021
- 05:45 29 Sep 2018 Mnatsakanyan, Mammadyarov Hold ‘Useful’ Meeting The foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan, Zohrab Mnatsakanyan and Elmar Mammadyarov held what they called a ‘useful’ round of negotiations in New York to discuss the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution process.
- 06:34 27 Sep 2018 ANC-WR Leads California Officials and Business Reps. on Historic Trip to Armenia A delegation consisting of prominent California elected officials and business representatives along with representatives from the Armenian National Committee of America – Western Region participated in a week long in depth visit to Armenia.
- 05:10 26 Sep 2018 The Necessity of Preserving Western Armenian A nation’s identity, its culture, its values, and the preservation of its heritage is dependent on its language.
- 16:27 22 Sep 2021 Remarks by President Biden on Fighting the COVID-19 Pandemic Get vaccinated.
- 16:23 22 Sep 2021 Reporters slam White House for shouting down questions from the press pool Press pool filed a formal complaint after being denied questions
- 16:19 22 Sep 2021 Frank Pallone congratulated on Independence Day, emphasizing significant progress made by Armenia Frank Pallone, Co-Chair of the Congressional Caucus on Armenian Issues, sent a congratulatory message on Armenia's Independence Day,
- 07:49 6 Sep 2018 Franchise Conference Connects U.S. Businesses with Armenian Investors The United States Embassy in Yerevan and the U.S. Commercial Service in Moscow, in partnership with IDBank, organized a one-day conference focused on franchise business opportunities on September 5 in Yerevan.
- 07:30 25 Aug 2018 Transport Minister instructs to put more effort in North-South Highway The construction works delayed in Talin-Lanjik and Lanjik-Gyumri section of the North-South Highway should be continued faster.
- 05:40 9 November 2017 Family Living In Fear Of Landmines In Artsakh Inspires HALO Crowdfunding Campaign An innovative crowdfunding campaign to clear a minefield in Harar village in Artsakh launched on Friday.